Your cart is currently empty!
Twisted Tulip Cup Cozy – Free Pattern!
What better way to celebrate joy than with a Twisted Tulip Cup Cozy!
Disclaimer because I need to have one: No part of this pattern may be copied or sold.
Please Note: You are welcome to make as many of these as you’d like and sell your finished cozies. If you have a handmade business, I’m wishing you the best success. Handmade is in high demand!
If you choose to share or sell your Twisted Tulip Cup Cozies, please credit the design to me when sharing/ selling online. Do not publish or sell this pattern, in part or in full and do not make any video tutorials of this pattern without my permission. If you have any questions, you can reach out to me at email@example.com
You can find me on social media here: http://instagram.com/twistedcrochetnh and http:// Facebook.com/twistedcrocheter
Aren’t these the cutest ever?
Here’s What You Need To Make Your Twisted Tulip Cup Cozy
- Approximately 50 yards of worsted 4 yarn.
- You’ll need at least 3 colors: Main color, some shade of green for the stems, and whatever color you chose for your tulips.
- I used yarn from my scrap stash – mostly Impeccable by Loops and Threads and Pound of Love by Lion Brand
- 5.0 mm / H size hook
- Tape Measure
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
- Fits large coffee cup for hot coffee / tea or iced coffee / tea Also fits ice cream pint containers!
Gauge & Pattern Notes
- Advanced beginner pattern.
- Gauge: not important.
- Entire cozy is worked in the round.
- Pattern is worked with three colors.
- Great for stash busting and scrap stash busting!
- Please note where you will be changing colors.
- Rounds 5 & 6 create the tulips.
- Ch 1 or Ch 2 at the start of each round does NOT count as a stitch.
- Cozy measures 8” in circumference by 4” tall.
- Read through all instructions before starting.
Stitch Abbreviations and Instructions
- CH – chain
- FHDC – foundation half double crochet.
- SC – single crochet – insert hook into next stitch, yarn over and pull through into a loop on the hook, yarn over, pull through all two loops on hook.
- HDC – half double crochet – yarn over, insert hook into next stitch, yarn over and pull through into a loop on the hook, yarn over, pull through all three loops on hook.
- HDC3BLO – half double crochet in the 3rd back loop only – same as hdc but the stitch is made in the 3rd back loop only.
- SC3BLO – Same as single crochet but you’ll be using the 3rd back loop of the previous HDC3BLO round.
- SLST- slip stitch ST-stitch
- YO – Yarn over
V Stitch: in stitch from previous round, DC, ch 1, DC. V made.
PS – Popcorn Stitch : in stitch from previous round, 4 DC in same stitch, pull loop from 4th dc, remove hook, insert hook front to back in 1st DC, insert hook into loop from 4th DC, YO, pull through both loops. Popcorn made.
Round 1: With main color, fasten on, leave a long tail, fhdc 30, join with slst. Ch 1
Round 2: HDC3BLO in first stitch and around. Join with slst. Ch 1.
Round 3: repeat round 2.
Round 4: SC3BLO in first stitch and around. Join with slst. You can either fasten off and join green yarn OR join green yarn after slst without fastening off.
Round 5: ch 4 (counts as first dc and ch 1 space), DC in first stitch. *Skip next stitch, V Stitch in next* repeat from * around. Skip last stitch and join in 3rd ch. You can either fasten off and join yarn for tulip OR join yarn for tulip after slst without fastening off. (14 V stitches)
Round 6: ch 3 (counts as first dc of popcorn stitch) 3dc in first stitch. Remove hook. Insert hook into 3rd chain front to back, insert hook into dropped loop from 3rd dc, yo, pull through both loops. Popcorn stitch made. Ch 1. *popcorn stitch in next c1 space. Ch 1.* repeat from * around. Join with slst in the SAME join as previous round. You can either fasten off and join main color OR join main color after slst without fastening off. (14 popcorn stitches)
Round 7: (main color!) ch 1. HDC in first stitch and around. 30 hdc.
Round 8 & 9: repeat round 2.
Round 10: repeat round 4. Fasten off. Weave in ends Voila! Your own Twisted Tulip Cup Cozy!
I can’t wait to see your Twisted Tulip Cup Cozies!
I can’t wait to see what you make! Please be sure to use the hashtag #twistedtulipcupcozy and #pegstwistedcrochet and tag me @twistedcrochetnh in all your sneak peeks on Instagram and Facebook.